Manufacturing (Engineering) Technician
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating disruptive technology that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
You will support the manufacturing facility to achieve Cost, Quality, and Delivery through the design and manufacturing of test equipment and subassemblies, focussing on efficient ergonomic use compliant with all current Health & Safety regulations and site ISO9001 accreditation.
Your responsibilities are:
- Monitor all processes to ensure they operate within process controls and where they deviate implement out of control action plans.
- First-line support for Triage and disposition of Non-Conforming Products
- Assist with new equipment introduction and process validation
- Conduct and oversee training and skill certification of Operators
- Minimization of workmanship induced failures by monitoring, reporting and identified corrective actions
- Completion of planned preventative maintenance and calibration routines
- Execution and control of non-standard build requirements
- Ensure all processes and procedures are conducted in compliance with the Quality Management System
- Conduct all tasks in line with Health and Safety Policy to reduce risk to yourself and others
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in a similar role in a relevant manufacturing role in a similar industry for at least 5 years, or a relevant NVQ level 4.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced technical team environment
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment where changing priorities are the norm.
- Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them
- Experience with Process Control Systems, Design of Experiments, and Basic Manufacturing.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in Mechanics, Electronics, and Software
- Judgment in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collate and use numerical data to provide information and make informed decisions
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrate initiative and personal drive for Continuous Improvement.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Development of your own skills, contributing to a company that is in full development.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program).
- Good holiday allowance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via this email address will not be considered.